Teachers Mutual Bank Limited issues a further $100m Wholesale debt Certified by RIAA as Responsible Investment
June 18 2021
Since 2016 the Bank has issued $620 million in six transactions that are Certified as Responsible Investment by the Responsible Investment Association Australasia (RIAA).
We are the only Bank offering RIAA Certified Responsible Investment Wholesale investment products to the Australian market:
- $100m of 3-year floating rate senior unsecured notes, issued in October 2016, matured October 2019
- $100m of 3-year floating rate senior unsecured notes, issued in June 2017, matured June 2020
- $20m of 10-year non-call 5-year floating rate subordinated notes, issued in September 2017
- $200m of 3-year floating rate senior unsecured notes, issued in July 2018 as the single largest transaction to date. They will mature on July 2, 2021
- $100m of 3-year floating rate senior unsecured notes, issued in October 2019
- $100m of 5-year floating rate senior unsecured notes, issued in June 2021
About RIAA Certification
Third-party verification means our responsible investment credentials can be trusted.
The Responsible Investment Certification Symbol is the leading mark for distinguishing quality responsible, ethical and impact investment products and services in Australia and New Zealand. It is a Registered Trademark owned and managed by RIAA and is trusted by investors and consumers across the region, providing confidence that a product or provider is delivering on its responsible investment promise and meeting the Australian and New Zealand Standard for responsible investing.
The Bank pioneered ethical investment as the first bank to have its entire wholesale Debt Issuance Programme (DIP) of $500m independently Certified by RIAA in June 2015. The size of the DIP was increased by a further $500m in November 2018.
Under the $1billion DIP the Bank may issue debt securities, that are issued in series, and each series may comprise one or more tranches. These may vary in number, timing and tenor.
Wholesale DIP, Short Term Deposits and the Retail mortgages and deposits have been certified by the Responsible Investment Association Australasia (RIAA) according to the strict operational and disclosure practices required under the Responsible Investment Certification Program. See www.responsibleinvestment.org for details. The Responsible Investment Certification Program does not constitute financial product advice. Neither the Certificate Symbol nor RIAA recommends to any person that any financial product is a suitable investment or that returns are guaranteed. Appropriate professional advice should be sought prior to making an investment decision. RIAA does not hold an Australian Financial Services Licence