Customer Owned Banking
The Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice is an important public statement.
Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice
What is the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice?
The Code is an important public statement of the value we place on improving the financial wellbeing of our members and each of the communities represented by each of the divisions of Teachers Mutual Bank Limited.
Serving these communities
Firefighters Mutual Bank
Firefighters and Emergency Service workers
Health Professionals Bank
Teachers Mutual Bank
Teachers and teaching support staff
University staff and students
The Code reinforces our commitment to:
- The benefits of mutuality
- Community involvement
- Fairer fees
- Member or customer service.
Who created Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice?
The Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice was introduced by the Customer Owned Banking Association. This Association is the leading advocate for a more competitive retail banking sector through the customer-owned banking model.
How does the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice affect our members?
The Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice is how we deliver on our guarantee to serve our members first.
Our 10 key promises
- We will be fair and ethical in our dealings with you
- We will focus on our members
- We will give you clear information about our products and services
- We will be responsible lenders
- We will deliver high customer service and standards
- We will deal fairly with any complaints
- We will recognise member rights as owners
- We will comply with our legal and industry obligations
- We will recognise our impact on the wider community
- We will support and promote this Code of Practice.
Find out more