Teachers Mutual Bank Limited’s B Corp score is 102.4
B CORP SCORE EXPLAINED
B Corp Certification is a rigorous, verified performance assessment across 5 areas: Governance, Workers, Customers, Community and Environment.
Companies that become Certified B Corporations must score at least 80 points out of 200.
Most companies score between 40 -100.
The median score of all completed B Impact Assessment (BIAs) is 55.
The average score for Certified B Corporations in Australia and Aotearoa New Zealand region is 96.
The B Impact Assessment involves more than 300 scored questions, multiple verification rounds, a series of interviews and data provision. The process took us over 12 months to complete. Companies undergo a multi-step verification and must meet certain transparency requirements.
Once certified, each B Corp must make its B Impact Report transparent on bcorporation.net, allowing the public to see the areas in which specific companies excel and compare B Corps' scores against the performance of mainstream businesses.
Access our report here: Teachers Mutual Bank Limited - Certified B Corporation - B Lab Global
B Corp Certification is more than a number
- B Corp Certification measures the entire bank’s performance by third party verification.
- B Corp Certification is a tough test – it is a global high standard of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability.
- Unlike other certifications for businesses, B Lab is unique in its ability to measure a company’s entire social and environmental impact across all operations.
- B Corp Certification is holistic, not exclusively focused on a single social or environmental issue.
- The combination of third-party verification, public transparency, and legal accountability makes B Corp Certification unique, credible, and significant; it builds trust as it measures what matters most.
- By certifying, B Corps step into a framework for continuous improvement.